Sometimes updates, backup-restores, and cleaning utilities don't have quite the desired effects. Sometimes we mess things up ourselves -- bad things happen -- and then you have a corrupted library.
- Open RapidWeaver and go to a Stacks page
- Choose Show Stacks Library in Finder from the Gear menu.
- First, remove stacks and plugins that you're not using. You can just place things in another folder or your desktop until you need them again.
- Next, remove anything that seems broken (either because it's not working, or because the files look corrupted in some way in the Finder).
- For corrupted stacks, redownload them directly from the developer or from the RapidWeaver Community Site.
- Reinstall the broken stacks by unzipping them and then dragging them into the Stacks folder.
- Restart RapidWeaver.
If you still have problems with some stacks after that, then you should contact the developer of the stack directly and report the issue.